Members Practising Sustainable Tourism
You can view each members' sustainable tourism projects under their own company listing. However, here is an overview of some of the fantastic work going on in the UK and abroad by our members.
India Solar Water Heating
- This project provides in-house hot water supplies fueled by renewable energy to homes, community buildings and small to medium-sized businesses throughout India.
- We are partnered with this project through the organisation Carbon Neutral.
- Engage with local communities to teach them about hygiene.
- Provide clean water and teach skills for building latrines.
- Community support funding:
- £700 for a new school bus in Ladakh, India
- Tree planting programme in Bijaipur Village, India
- 3 new beds for maternity ward at Bijaipur hospital, India
- Computer lab & wrestling mats at Bijaipur Village School
Classroom Sponsorship - Northern Laos
- $100 a month classroom sponsorship provides:
- 6 hours of English tuition per week
- Class of 15 to 25 young people
Chitral School Scholarship - Pakistan
- The scholarship programme was established in 2012
- Five students a year have been awarded a scholarship
- Both boys and girls awarded scholarships