- The promoter is: AITO, The Association of Independent Tour Operators whose registered office is at 18 Bridle Lane, Twickenham.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of AITO, AITO members, AITO direct relatives or Travel PR or anyone judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The £2000 competition for leaving an AITO review was last drawn at random at the end of July 2018 and will be drawn again on a similar date in 2019.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: leave a review for an AITO operator, or follow competition rules as otherwise specified.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: 1 £2000 holiday voucher to be redeemed against a holiday offered by any AITO member.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- 1 winner will be chosen at random by an independent website
- The winner will be contacted by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick 1 replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or if it is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
AITO.com (and AITO.co.uk)
Both of the above website addresses are owned, operated and made available by the Association of Independent Tour Operators Ltd (AITO)
1. When do these conditions apply
When you access or use any part of AITO.com you are agreeing to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not and should not access or use this website.
We may change these conditions at any time without giving any notice to you. If you continue to access and use AITO.com you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use. Please check these conditions from time to time to see if any changes have been made.
2. Our Copyright
Except where otherwise indicated, the content of any AITO.com web pages (which for the avoidance of doubt includes the design, text, graphics, any other content and arrangement thereof) and the software used therein, is the property of and is owned and controlled by AITO. All such content is the copyright material of AITO or our associated / chosen content-provider organisations.
All Information displayed as a result of an AITO.com search is extracted from a copyright work (database)owned and controlled by AITO.
ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED BY AITO.
3. Our Trademarks
The name "AITO" and the AITO logo are service marks of AITO or it's subsidiaries. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited or displayed anywhere on AITO.com (or AITO.co.uk) are the property of their respective owners.
4. Permitted Uses by you
Save as provided below, no materials from AITO.com may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, broadcast, shown or played in public, republished, uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted or distributed in any way or adapted or changed in any way.
Subject to any applicable licences from third-party content-providers, you may electronically copy and print in hard copy, portions of AITO.com for your personal, non commercial use only. You are not permitted to sell or trade in any material so copied. Any other use, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of AITO is similarly strictly prohibited. You may however copy and distribute any or all portions of any press releases or notices intended for general public use by AITO. The use of multiple searches to extract AITO database details for commercial benefit or use is strictly prohibited.
You may only access the AITO members' area if you are entitled to do so by virtue of being authorised to access AITO.com as an employee, director or partner of an AITO member otherwise granted permission to access the member area by AITO. You must comply with the terms of this clause in respect of all content, advice, guidance and information within this area unless the entitlement to distribute, copy or otherwise use such content is clearly granted by AITO.
5. No Licence
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these conditions or anywhere on AITO.com shall be construed as conferring any licence under any of AITOs or any third party's intellectual property rights.
6. You use AITO.com at your own risk
AITO makes no warranties or guarantees as to the availability or accuracy of AITO.com or as to the accuracy or fitness of any of the information in AITO.com. Much of this information is provided by third parties and its accuracy cannot be reasonably verified by AITO.
AITO makes no representation or warranty or condition, either express or implied, to you:
- that AITO.com will be uninterrupted or error-free
- that AITO.com or the computer server from which it is made available, are free of any viruses or other harmful components or programs
- as to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service or search results provided by AITO.com
- as to the quality or suitability of any goods or services or information received through or advertised on AITO.com or received through links provided on AITO.com whether from AITO members or other third parties
7. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will AITO, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of AITO.com be liable for any damages either direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, loss of opportunity, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from any of the following:
- the use of and reliance upon AITO.com
- any inability to use AITO.com
- any errors, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or email, mistakes, defects, viruses and other harmful creation, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance by AITO.com including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or any unauthorised access to AITO's data, records, programs or services. any services or products, information or advice received through or advertised on AITO.com or through any links provided on AITO.com
- AITO is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data which you transmit to or by using AITO.com is done at your own risk and AITO will not be responsible or liable for any damage that may result from transmitting such information.
If any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These conditions and any and all documents referred to herein form the entire agreement between you and AITO with respect to the use of AITO.com. If any term in these conditions is determined by a court to be illegal, invalid or in any way unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
9. Feedback on this website
Reviews should be submitted by bona fide travellers who wish to solely assist others to gather information and provide users with details of their holiday experiences.
We wish to hear the good, the bad and the ugly, so please include relevant details about your holiday which you believe others would want to know. Tell us about your favourite aspects of your experience such as your tour guide, restaurants or accommodation. You can also include any particular elements of your holiday which you did not enjoy, or anything which you believe needs improving. Including aspects which you wish you had known before you travelled can also prove very valuable to perspective guests.
At AITO we want to know every little detail of your holiday experience, however we would kindly ask that your content does not include any email addresses, web addresses or telephone numbers. Do not include anything derogatory, abusive or racially offensive. If you are under the age of 18 please ask permission from your parent or guardian before submitting a review.
You are the only person that we would like to hear from! We accept only one review per booking for travel which has taken place in the past six months. Please only include your own opinions, rather than any third party information or any holiday gossip / hearsay.
On some occasions we would like to publish your review elsewhere or send to third party contacts, these can include accommodation providers, the press or for training for the members of AITO. By submitting your review you are granting AITO non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, and the permission to you use your content throughout the world via any media. Your content will solely be used to help others in some shape or form – Thank you!
As all the reviews on this website are written by bona fide travellers, and they are entirely that traveller’s opinion, AITO will not be responsible for the accuracy of the content of the review. AITO also does not accept responsibility for any obscenity, pornography or vulgarity that you may encounter.
Publication of reviews and content on the website does not signify that AITO agrees with the views and content given.
10. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. AITO and AITO.com's servers are located in England. As AITO.com can be accessed from other places around the world with different laws from those of England, when you access AITO.com you agree that the laws of England will apply to all matters relating to your use of AITO.com. You and AITO also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters.< br />
1.0 The Service
1.1 The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the AITO email newsletter service. The AITO e-newsletter is provided by AITO (The Association of Independent Tour Operators). Any reference to “you” or “yours” refers to you, the user of the Service (‘Service’ referring to the AITO e-newsletter).
1.2 The Service consists of a newsletter sent to your registered email address. The Service is provided by AITO free of charge.
1.3 By registering for the Service you agree to these terms and conditions. From time to time AITO may amend these terms and conditions. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made to them. Your continuing use of the Service after such changes have been made shall constitute your acceptance of such updated and/or amended terms and conditions.
2.1 To subscribe for the Service you need to complete the online submission form.
2.2 AITO reserves the right to delete from its Service subscriber database with or without notice any email address which AITO, in its absolute discretion, considers:
(a) defamatory, blasphemous, racist, offensive, obscene or otherwise unlawful;
(b) injurious to its brand or reputation or otherwise unacceptable; or
(c) no longer current or operational
and immediately cease provision of the Service to any such email address.
3. Intellectual Property
3.1 With respect to any material contained in or accessible via the Service (the “Service Content”), all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights therein is/are either owned by AITO or by the owners of such rights who have licensed such rights to AITO for use in the Service and the Service Content.
3.2 To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and subject to your compliance with these terms and conditions, save for: (i) transitory copying or storage and (ii) for your personal private use, no part of the Service or Service Content may be copied, stored, used, uploaded, transmitted or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written consent of AITO, other than to the extent that such acts cannot be prohibited under applicable law.
4. Use of the Service
4.1 You undertake:
(a) to use the Service (including any Service Content) for your own personal private use and not to use the Service or any Service Content for any commercial purpose, whether for a fee or otherwise, or to distribute it commercially;
(b) not to use the Service or Service Content for any fraudulent, criminal or unlawful purpose;
(c) not to use the Service or any Service Content for the transmission of any material which is defamatory, blasphemous, racist, offensive, obscene or otherwise unlawful;
(d) to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, not to copy, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, reformat, disclose, transmit, distribute, sell, license or transfer the Service or any Service Content, either in whole or in part, in any way save as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions;
(e) not to infringe either AITO’s or any other person’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, in the Service or Service Content and not to delete or amend any copyright or other proprietary notices which may appear therein;
(f) not to use the Service or Service Content in any way which AITO, in its absolute discretion, considers objectionable, injurious to its brand or reputation or otherwise unacceptable;
(g) not to use the Service and Service Content otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
5.1 AITO makes no warranties or representations of any kind in relation to the Service or Service Content, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions of performance, completeness, suitability, safety, timeliness, accuracy, reliability, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, except to the extent it is not possible by applicable law to exclude such things or to the extent such things are expressly contained in these terms and conditions.
5.2 AITO will not be liable for: (a) any technical or access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder or prevent the transmission of or your receipt of the Service or Service Content (b) any event which may cause the Service or Service Content to be disrupted or corrupted (c) any inaccuracy or error within the Service or Service Content (d) any virus, Trojan horse, worm or other malicious or corrupted computer code or data files which may be transmitted via the Service or Service Content.
5.3 AITO shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions for :
(a) loss of actual or anticipated profit;
(b) losses caused by business interruption;
(c) loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(d) any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense loss or damage
even if such cost, expense loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the parties and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
5.5 AITO’s liability under or in connection with its provision of the Service or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the reprovision of the Service.
6. Your Indemnity to AITO
6.1 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AITO from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), claims, damages and liabilities incurred by Kenetic arising out of or in connection with any claim by a third party resulting from your use of the Service or from any violation of these terms and conditions by you, save where caused by AITO’s negligence or breach of these terms and conditions by AITO.
7. Modification, Suspension and Termination
7.1 AITO reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Service or Service Content, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice (a) to repair or maintain the Service or Service Content (b) to update, upgrade or improve the Service or Service Content from time to time (c) due to the occurrence of any circumstances beyond AITO’s reasonable control (d) where AITO believes you are or may be in breach of these terms and conditions or (e) otherwise, at AITO’s sole discretion.
8. Your data and use of this site
9.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions is held for any reason to be ineffective or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these terms and conditions or these terms and conditions as a whole.
9.2 No waiver by AITO shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
9.3 A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no rights under or in connection with them by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
9.4 If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints about the Service please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Governing law
10.1 These terms and conditions are governed by English law and you and AITO submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising under or in relation to them.
PROMOTER: AITO, 18 Bridle Lane, Twickenham, TW1 3EG, +44 20 8744 9280
The Association of Independent Tour Operators Limited (AITO)
Registered in England No2614755
Registered office: Studio 3, The Quays, Concordia Street, Leeds, LS1 4ES, England
Operating office: 18 Bridle Lane, St. Margarets, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3EG