Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Active Lake District
Active Lake District OverviewThis is a perfect holiday for you to pick and choose which activities you and your family would like to take part in. The activities we offer include hiking, climbing, scrambling, abseiling, canoeing, sailing, archery and orienteering all surrounded by beautiful lakes and fells in The Lake District. Recommended for children aged 8 and above.
The Lake District is undeniably one of the most beautiful regions in England, with its glistening lakes and towering fells providing an exceptional setting for a family activity holiday.
The activities available during this holiday are based around the picturesque Borrowdale Valley and ‘The Queen of the English Lakes’; Derwentwater and your family can pick and choose how many to take part in during your holiday (we recommend them all of course!). If you take part in the full experience then your family will walk, climb, scramble, abseil, canoe and sail around this open-air adventure playground accompanied by some of the best guides in the business. These are always hugely popular activities with families, allowing children to be challenged whilst also having a great deal of fun!
Your country house hotel accommodation is ideally situated in the charming market town of Keswick. The town is full of traditional Lake District appeal with its delightful mix of independent shops, outdoor equipment stores, cafés and cosy traditional hikers’ pubs. We highly recommend wandering around the town centre during any free time, especially to visit the local farmers’ market on Thursday! It is not far from here to the stunning valley, which forms the starting point for your activities.
This is a self-drive holiday but if you would prefer not to drive and take a scenic train route to Penrith train station, we can provide you with local taxi details, so that you can arrange your own transfers.
Included in the price:
- This is a self-drive holiday (please note that we can arrange transfers from Penrith train station on request as you will not require your own vehicle whilst once in the area. Please speak to our Travel Experts for a quote)
- Transfers to and from activities are all included
- Accommodation: 6 nights’ hotel accommodation in double/family room
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches (with activities), 2 dinners
- Choose from the following activities (price varies depending on the number of activities chosen): Exploration hike, Derwentwater and ghyll scrambling, climbing and abseiling, the Borrowdale Challenge (order of activities is subject to change)
- All equipment, tuition and supervision from fully qualified instructors
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and Welcome
DAY 2: Exploration Hike
DAY 3: Water Sports And Ghyll Scrambling
DAY 4: Free Day
DAY 5: Climbing And Abseiling
DAY 6: Borrowdale Challenge
DAY 7: Departure