Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Sweden-Ultimate Aurora Adventure
Sweden-Ultimate Aurora Adventure OverviewThis grand Aurora tour of Swedish Lapland has three days of activities on the edge of a frozen archipelago with one night at the exceptional Treehotel. A scenic train ride then takes you north to Abisko for three nights off Northern Lights adventures and activities with the final night at the world famous ICEHOTEL®.
The word 'ultimate' appears in the title of this holiday for good reason. This itinerary ticks so many 'bucket-list' boxes that it is hard to list them all here!
Starting at a lodge which looks out over the ice-bound archipelago around Lulea, you will head out on Northern Lights hunts as well as enjoying the delights of ice fishing and snowmobiling. You will stay in a winter cottage for your first three nights here and your fourth will be spent in a treetop room at the truly remarkable Treehotel, one of the most renowned architectural wonders in Sweden.
A stunning train ride then takes you north to the Aurora Mecca of Abisko. Three nights at the famous Mountain Lodge here will allow you to hunt the Northern Lights and enjoy the stunning landscape as you take part in our Abisko - Aurora and ICEHOTEL® Level 1 holiday. This portion of the holiday will allow you to experience some of the Arctic highlights in a totally different environment, by snowshoes and dog sled. You will also enjoy an unforgettable Aurora photography evening, a favourite with all of our guests. Your holiday ends at the world famous ICEHOTEL® with an unforgettable night's stay.
Throughout this entire holiday you will be in prime Aurora territory and many of your evenings will be dedicated to Northern Lights hunts with your expert guides.
This is an exceptional holiday which highlights the best experiences and adventures available in Swedish Lapland, all whilst providing outstanding Aurora viewing potential.
Included in the price:
- Transfers: Return airport transfers, all destination transfers and train travel between Luleå and Abisko are included
- Accommodation: 3 nights winter cottage accommodation Brändön Lodge, 1-night Treehotel (Bird’s Nest, UFO or Blue Cone as standard. Other rooms require a supplement), 3 nights twin room at Abisko STF Turiststation, 1-night ICEHOTEL® in an ice room. You can choose to upgrade your room at the ICEHOTEL® or spend your final night at Abisko (supplements/deductions apply)
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities and equipment are included: Northern Lights hunt by snowmobile-pulled sled, ice fishing experience, snowmobile forest tour, two Northern Lights snowshoe hikes, husky safari and Aurora photography evening (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay at Brändön Lodge and for activities only at Abisko STF Turiststation the ICEHOTEL® and Treehotel
- Services of our local expert guides
- A note about flights: flights are not included in the holiday price so that the best possible fares and schedule can be found at the time of booking
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and Northern Lights Hunt via Snowmobile-Pulled Sled
DAY 2: Ice Fishing and Optional Husky Safari
DAY 3: Snowmobile Tour of the Forest, Aurora Snowshoe and Wilderness Dinner
DAY 4: Night at the Treehotel
DAY 5: Train to Abisko and Free Evening
DAY 6: Husky Safari and Aurora Snowshoe
DAY 7: Free day and Aurora Photography
DAY 8: The ICEHOTEL®
DAY 9: Departure
Image credit: ICEHOTEL, Rob Harding, Timsam Harding, Asaf Kliger, Peter Grant & Magnus Skoglöf & imagebank.sweden.se, Chad Blakley, Graeme Richardson, Pier Rynback