Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
South Africa Family Adventure
South Africa Family Adventure OverviewBook a truly enchanting family adventure to South Africa and enjoy a variety of activities that will ensure life-long memories that your family will treasure for many years to come. Hiking to Table Mountain, snorkelling to secret coves and journeying on various Game drives to see fantastic wildlife are just some of the wonderful activities included
Very few places can compete with South Africa when it comes to its diverse range of wildlife, landscapes and adventurous activities. This trip will take you to some of the most magical areas of South Africa starting in the majestic city of Cape Town, which is flanked by the stunning Table Mountain, before exploring the KwaZulu-Natal region which contains the oldest proclaimed nature reserve and ample opportunity for spotting the notorious 'Big 5'.
Cape Town itself offers a hive of diverse activities. A hike on Table Mountain offers panoramic views of the city below. You will also explore the dynamic Cape Peninsula and the bustling harbours of Hout Bay and Mariners Wharf which are home to native seals as well as dolphins and whales. Cape Town lays claim to one of South Africa’s most exquisite wine regions and a family cycling tour through the lush valleys and numerous trails is an ideal way to explore.
The KwaZulu-Natal region, which includes the city of Durban, is perhaps one of South Africa’s most magical regions. Hluhluwe-iMfolozi National Park is one of the oldest proclaimed nature reserves in South Africa and is home to an immense variety of wildlife including the Big 5 and white rhinos, which were saved from extinction with the help from a project run from this reserve. The safaris and game drives are likely to create lifelong memories as you experience some of the world’s most majestic animals in their natural habitat. One such safari contains a river cruise down the St. Lucia estuary which allows you to get up close and personal with wild hippos and Nile crocodiles. Children will delight in exploring shipwrecks and hidden coves whilst also having the opportunity to snorkel in an abundant underwater world in areas such as Kosi Bay and the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
This trip also offers insight into age old African cultures with visits to a traditional rural village and the Zulu cultural village. These tours will give you an experience of traditional African hospitality as you visit homesteads, shops and schools and also witness a Zulu cultural performance.
Following these magical and adventurous activities you will end your trip in the cultural heart of the Rainbow Nation which is the city of Durban. This colourful city offers fantastic beaches and was the last British Bastion with an abundance of colonial homes and impressive architecture. It is the ideal location to end this truly enchanting family adventure.
Included in the price:
- Transfers: All transfers included
- Accommodation: 4 nights Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel, 2 nights Elephant Lake Hotel, 3 nights Umkhumbi Lodge, 1 night Amangwane Camp, 2 nights Amakhosi Safari Lodge, 2 nights Protea Hotel Umhlanga
- Meals: 12 breakfasts, 2 brunches and 2 afternoon snacks at Amakhosi Safari Lodge, 2 lunches, 6 dinners
- The following activities are included in the holiday: (the order of activities is subject to change): Exploration of Sea Point Promenade, cable car ride, hike on Table Mountain, zip-lining, visit to Simon’s Town penguin beaches, Cape Point hike, trip to Hout Bay Harbour, cycling around Constantia Valley, hike of Kirstenbosch Gardens & Boomslang, swimming and snorkelling at Cape Vidal, visit to iSimangaliso Wetland Park, river safari on St Lucia Estuary, visit to Cheetah care centre, visit to Zulu Cultural Village, guided walk of bird and reptile park, full day game safari at Hluhluwe-iMfolozi National Park, guided night bush walk, visit to rural village in Zululand, snorkelling at Kosi Bay, three game drives at Amakhosi Safari Lodge, full day safari at Amakhosi Safari Lodge, guided tour of Durban
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
- Please note: International flights to and from South Africa and the national flight to Durban are not included in the holiday. Please contact us for a quotation
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival And Welcome
DAY 2: Urban Family Safari And Table Mountain Adventure
DAY 3: Cape Peninsula Family Adventure, Zip-lining And Cape Point
DAY 4: Hout Bay, Kirstenbosch And Constantia Valley Family Adventure
DAY 5: Flight To Durban And Transfer To St. Lucia
DAY 6: ISimangaliso Wetland Park And St. Lucia Estuary
DAY 7: Zulu Cultural Village, Bird And Reptile Park And Cheetah Care Centre
DAY 8: Photo Safari At Hluhluwe-IMfolozi National Park
DAY 9: Bush Walk And Zulu Rural Village
DAY 10: Snorkelling At Kosi Bay
DAY 11: Transfer To Safari Lodge And 4x4 Game Drive
DAY 12: Safari And Game Drive
DAY 13: Game Drive And Transfer To Durban
DAY 14: Durban
DAY 15: Departure