See Scotland's most distinctive lochs, mountains, moors and castles while touring on the world-renowned West Highland and Kyle Lines on a guided train tour.
This seven day small group guided tour takes you on unforgettable train journeys through the ‘Best of Scotland’ in relaxed style. Idyllic lochs and glens contrast the raw majesty of Rannoch Moor along the world-renowned West Highland Line. Big screen links add stardust to your Jacobite steam train trip, while inlets and fishing hamlets frame the Kyle Line to Inverness. The peaks and peninsulas of Skye, and the mysteries of Loch Ness, provide breath-taking stopovers before journey’s end in Edinburgh.
The price includes:
- Six nights in hand-picked four star hotels on a B&B basis.
- Welcome dinner in Glasgow. Dinner on both nights on the Isle of Skye. Two light lunches.
- Rail travel from Glasgow to Fort William on the West Highland Line, a journey on the Jacobite Express steam train from Fort William to Mallaig, ferry to the Isle of Skye, train travel from Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness on the Kyle Line and from Inverness to Edinburgh on the Highland Mainline.
- A day tour of the south shores of Loch Ness, entry to Castle Urquhart and full day tour of the Isle of Skye.
- The services of McKinlay Kidd’s tour leader, accompanying the group and providing expert guiding and assistance throughout.
- Transfers as described, including luggage transfer from Fort Augustus to Skye hotel so no need to bring cases aboard the Jacobite.
- Meals other than those described above
- Gratuities and tips.
For departures in 2024, £2095 per person sharing a twin or double room in April & October, £2295 person in May to September. Single occupancy supplement for this trip is £700.