Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
The Azores: Volcanic Wonderland
The Azores: Volcanic Wonderland OverviewExperience the best of the Azores with this seven-night holiday on São Miguel Island. Swim with dolphins in their natural habitat and search for whales on a boat tour. Kayak over the beautiful Sete Cidades lake and cycle on its banks. Sample a 'Cozido das Furnas' stew, visit the outstanding Terra Nostra Botanical Garden and bathe in hot springs.
Ocean wildlife, volcanic culture, and outdoor activities: this seven-night Azores holiday to the island of São Miguel puts an exotic twist on your typical European getaway.
Marine animals inspire awe in just about everyone, and seeing them in their natural habitat is one experience that is sure to feature on your bucket list. Our itinerary allows you to tick it off three times – you will watch for whales from a tour boat, be taken to swim with dolphins in the Atlantic, and snorkel close to a colourful variety of fish and other underwater fauna when snorkelling at the islet of Vila Franca.
The rich volcanic heritage of the Azores is something you will be able to enjoy first-hand. Bathe in a naturally-heated spring at the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden and take a dip in Ferraria, a hot spring in the ocean. You will also be able to taste a ‘Cozido das Furnas’ stew – an Azorean piece of geothermal gastronomy which puts a twist on the traditional Portuguese ‘cozido’ by cooking it with natural steam.
The extraordinary island environments are perfect settings for activities. You will kayak on the crater lakes of the Sete Cidades Lagoon and cycle in the surrounding area. Slower-paced activities include walking through part of Sao Miguel’s longest lava tunnel and relaxing in the warm Caldeira Velha waterfall.
You will stay in the modern São Miguel Park Hotel in the coastal town of Ponta Delgada.
Included in the price:
- Transfers: All transfers included
- Accommodation: 7 nights in Hotel São Miguel Park
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches
- The following activities are included in the holiday: Sete Cidades Adventure Tour, whale watching, Vila Franca do Campo visit*, thematic tour of Furnas, swimming with dolphins and jeep tour to Fogo (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
- Equipment, training, and supervision for all activities with expert local guides
- * If you are travelling outside 15th June to 15th September you will visit the Oficina Museu instead.
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival And Welcome
DAY 2: Sete Cidades Adventure Tour
DAY 3: Whale Watching And Vila Franca Do Campo OR Oficina Museu And Pineapple Farm Visit
DAY 4: Thematic Tour Of Furnas
DAY 5: Swimming With Dolphins And Free Afternoon
DAY 6: Fogo Jeep Tour And Gruta Do Carvão
DAY 7: Free Day
DAY 8: Departure
Image Credits: Futurismo Azores Adventures