Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Dolphin Swimming in the Azores
Dolphin Swimming in the Azores OverviewWhy not take your family on this action packed holiday to the beautiful São Miguel Island in the Azores. You will enjoy kayaking, mountain biking, whale watching and snorkelling with dolphins! All surrounded by breath-taking landscapes. This is sure to be a holiday your family will remember for years to come.
Lose yourself in nature, activities, and culture on the Azores with this brilliant seven-night getaway, based in the city of Ponta Delgada on São Miguel Island.
You will begin with an adventure tour to the Sete Cidades Lake, kayaking on its crater lake and mountain biking in the nearby area. There will be an amazing whale-watching tour over the Atlantic waters, as well as lagoon-snorkelling at the Vila Franca Islet. Continuing with wildlife activities, an undisputed highlight of this holiday has to be snorkelling with dolphins in their ocean habitat – an unforgettable experience in every sense of the term!
There will be a chance for you to get acquainted with the island’s volcanic side at Terra Nostra Botanical Garden, where you will bathe in a hot spring. At Furnas, you can taste a traditional cozido stew, cooked using natural steam from the ground. This mix of regional vegetables and juicy meats is only one Azorean delicacy you will be able to sample.
The outdoor reserves and territories of the island will be yours to explore during this trip. Try your hand at canyoning in Ribeira dos Caldeirões Natural Park, walk over the black sands of Santa Bárbara Beach, and take a dip at the Caldeira Velha waterfall. There is also the opportunity to look around mysterious Gruta do Carvão, longest of the lava tunnels on São Miguel.
Your hotel for the duration of this exciting family activity holiday will be São Miguel Park: superb four-star accommodation close to the centre of Ponta Delgada, with large rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, and splendid spa facilities. You can also upgrade to the Marina Atlântico hotel, which sits right on the waterfront and offers brilliant views over the marina.
Suitable for ages 8 and above (younger children may join the holiday, but may not be able to participate in all the activities). Please see terms for details
Included in the price:
- Transfers: All transfers included
- Accommodation: 7 nights in Hotel São Miguel Park with the option to upgrade to the Marina Atlântico
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 2 dinners
- The following activities are included in the holiday: Sete Cidades Adventure Tour, whale watching, Vila Franca do Campo visit*, thematic tour to Furnas, snorkelling with dolphins, jeep tour to Fogo and canyoning (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
- * If you are travelling outside 15th June to 15th September you will visit the Oficina Museu instead.
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and Welcome
DAY 2: Sete Cidades Adventure Tour And Welcome Dinner
DAY 3: Whale-Watching And Vila Franca Do Campo OR Oficina Museu And Pineapple Farm Visit
DAY 4: Thematic Tour To Furnas
DAY 5: Snorkelling With Dolphins And Free Afternoon
DAY 6: Fogo Jeep Tour, Santa Bárbara Beach, And Gruta Do Carvão
DAY 7: Canyoning And Farewell Dinner
DAY 8: Departure