Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
A Volcanic Island Short Break
A Volcanic Island Short Break OverviewUNESCO may have discovered The Azores but this stunning archipelago still feels untouched. This 4-night break includes the highlights of Sao Miguel, the largest island and combines peaceful island life with adventurous exploring. Whale watching, cycling and kayaking amongst the volcanic landscape are just some of the experiences you’ll enjoy.
Rich green plant life covers the ground, steam rises into the air and rugged volcanic landscapes tower above. You’d be forgiven for thinking you’ve just travelled to Hawaii or indeed Jurassic Park but the Azorean Islands are in fact, a European hidden treasure.
Perhaps it’s their location in the mid-Atlantic that keeps the Azores off the tourist map. However, with easier-than-ever travel routes, it is completely bewildering to us that tourists aren’t flocking here.
With its picturesque landscape and seascapes, an abundance of wildlife and a wealth of activities on offer, the Azores leave everyone who visits in awe. During your holiday, you’ll have several opportunities to discover its natural wonders.
You’ll see wildlife all around you but it’s the ones below the surface that truly inspire. Choose from a whale and dolphin watching tour or, for a real bucket-list experience, you can snorkel with the wild dolphins.
In almost every direction, you’ll see evidence of the volcanic activity in the Azores. During a trip to Furnas, you’ll learn all about the volcanic action that shaped the islands.
Exploring the surroundings even further at Sete Cidades, you’ll also have the option to cycle around and kayak across impressive crater lakes.
During your time here, you’ll experience how the Azores offer a perfect combination of slow island life with plenty to see and do. Just make sure you don’t brag too much when you’re home – we’d love to keep these islands to ourselves for as long as possible!
Included in the price:
- Transfers: all transfers included
- Accommodation: 4 nights' in Hotel São Miguel Park with the option to upgrade to the Marina Atlantico or the Azor Hote
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- The following activities are included in the holiday: whale/dolphin watching OR dolphin swimming, tour to Furnas, Sete Cidades adventure tour with optional cycling (easy or difficult levels) and kayaking (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
- Equipment, training, and supervision for all activities with expert local guides
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and welcome
DAY 2: Whale/dolphin watching or dolphin swimming
DAY 3: Volcanic tour to Furnas
DAY 4: Jeep Tour, Cycling and kayaking at Sete Cidades
DAY 5: Departure
Image Credits: Futurismo Azores Adventure