Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
The Best of Borneo
The Best of Borneo OverviewTravel to the stunning island of Borneo and enjoy fantastic activities, breath-taking landscapes and amazing wildlife. On this family holiday, you'll enjoy snorkelling along coral reefs, mountain biking, jungle rafting, visiting wildlife sanctuaries and trekking through the jungle. All of the activities and internal flights are included
Few places can compete with Borneo when it comes to adventures, activities, and wildlife. The Malaysian Sabah region is the base for our Activities Abroad family holiday adventure and the itinerary has been designed to ensure you see the very best that Borneo has to offer. All activities are included in the holiday price.
Your family adventure starts in and around Kota Kinabalu. Here you will enjoy taking a boat ride past tropical islands, snorkelling along coral reefs, flying on an inter-island zip wire, white-water rafting and jungle trekking, and sampling some wonderful accommodation and delicious food.
Next, it’s into the tropical rainforests for memorable encounters with some of the world’s most endangered species which are indigenous to Borneo’s rainforests. You’ll have the chance to get close to proboscis monkeys, sun bears, and orangutans at their respective sanctuaries before searching for them in the wild. There will be rainforest boat trips where you are almost certain to encounter some of the abundant wildlife, as well as a visit to the spectacular Gomantong Caves, famous as a nesting ground for swifts and some 27 species of bat.
Back in Kota Kinabalu, you’ll have the chance to scuba dive with our local experts and then go mountain biking prior to travelling home with some wonderful memories of your family tropical adventure.
Included in the price:
- Transfers: group airport and activity transfers (private airport transfers may incur a supplement)
- Accommodation: 11 nights in hotel or lodge accommodation: 7 nights in a 5* hotel in Kota Kinabalu, 3 nights at Sepilok Nature Resort and 1 night in Kinabatangan Nature Lodge
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 1 dinner
- The following activities are included: Island cruise by boat, island to island zip line, snorkelling, white-water rafting, jungle trekking and survival skills, Rainforest Discovery Centre, Orangutan Rehabilitation Sanctuary, Sun Bear Conservation Centre, Gomantong Caves, jungle night walk, rainforest boat trip, tree planting, Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, scuba diving, mountain biking (the order of activities is subject to change)
- All equipment, tuition and supervision from fully qualified instructors
- Services of our representatives or local guides
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
- NB: International flights and internal flights between Kota Kinabalu and Sandakan are not included in the holiday cost. Please contact us for a quotation. Please do not make any flight arrangements until your holiday has been confirmed.
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival And Transfers
DAY 2: Island Cruising, Snorkelling And The Island To Island Zip Wire
DAY 3: Jungle Rafting
DAY 4: Jungle Trekking and Survival Skills
DAY 5: Flight To Sandakan
DAY 6: Rainforest Discovery, Orangutan Rehabilitation Sanctuary And Sun Bear Conservation Centre
DAY 7: Gomantong Caves And A Night On The Edge Of The Jungle
DAY 8: Rainforest Boat Trip, Tree Planting And Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary
DAY 9: Return To Kota Kinabalu
DAY 10: Underwater Experience
DAY 11: Mountain Biking
DAY 12: Depart Or Extend Your Stay