Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Utsjoki - New Year Twice
Utsjoki - New Year Twice OverviewNew Year Event: Celebrate New Year’s Eve twice on Artisan Travel’s 'Utsjoki – New Year twice' trip. Start with a traditional Finnish dinner in Utsjoki before crossing the border into Norway for more festivities. Other activities include a husky safari, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and a visit to a traditional Sámi village.
If you have dreamt of spending New Year’s Eve in a unique way in beautiful winter surroundings, this trip is perfect for you-you can celebrate not only once, but twice!
Your week will be spent taking part in some thrilling activities. You will find yourself speeding over the fells on a husky sleigh, taking in the enchanting winter forest as reindeer pull you through the snow and taking a nature tour on cross-country skis. You have free time available for when you want to relax, do some independent activities or add extra activities to your holiday (details of extra activities can be found in the ‘Personalise’ section.) Culture is hugely integrated into this trip and your Sámi wilderness guide will teach you everything there is to know about the Sámi lifestyle, as well as giving you the opportunity to experience it for yourself.
In the peaceful town of Utsjoki, where your hotel room overlooks the breath-taking Teno River and the Norwegian Fells, you will end the week with a traditional Finnish dinner and party, counting down to the New Year then rewinding the evening as you cross the border to Norway and celebrate the last hour all over again.
©Klaus-Peter Kappest & Hotel Village Valle
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London Heathrow to Ivalo (via Helsinki). Flight routes subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights in Holiday Village Valle Hotel (double or twin rooms, or winter cabins)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners (including a traditional dinner in Lappish Kota)
- Activities: snowshoeing, husky safari, reindeer sleigh ride, New Year’s Eve celebrations, Northern Lights by snowmobile-pulled sleigh and Northern Lights snowshoe walk (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing provided for the duration of the trip
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and Welcome
DAY 2: Snowshoeing in the Sacred Valley and Northern Lights Snowshoe Walk
DAY 3: Free Day and New Year Twice
DAY 4: New Year's Day and Northern Lights by Snowmobile-Pulled Sleigh
DAY 5: Husky Safari in Tana
DAY 6: Reindeer Safari and Sami Culture
DAY 7: Free day and traditional dinner in a Lappish Kota
DAY 8: Departure