Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Torassieppi - Lakeside Auroras
Torassieppi - Lakeside Auroras OverviewTorassieppi resides in the wonderfully remote forested-fells of Finland. A 7-night stay in this secluded spot gives you an excellent chance of seeing the Northern Lights and our itinerary even includes a night in an Aurora Dome. You’ll also take part in brilliant daytime activities to complete your holiday.
This holiday offers guests an escape to Lapland, a wonderfully varied schedule containing exceptional experiences, along with excellent Northern Lights viewing opportunities.
Your base will be the delightful Torassieppi Reindeer Farm and Winter Cottages. Here you will spend six nights in their hotel room accommodation (or upgrade to a cosy winter cottage) and one unforgettable night in an Aurora Dome, where you can keep watch on the sky from the comfort of your bed.
During the days you will enjoy a wonderful variety of experiences and activities. There will be adventures such as a dog sled safari and a thrilling snowmobile adventure. You will gain an insight into local culture and life in the North during a visit to a reindeer farm, a cookery lesson, an evening with a shaman and an introduction to some local skills such as ice fishing. There will also be a snowshoe hike in the famous Pallas Fell area and a chance to relax in an Arctic Spa.
Torassieppi's location is ideal for any Aurora hunter as it sits in a pristine lakeside location, far from any light pollution. Within moments of the hotel, you can be gazing skywards at the Northern Lights in all of their glory. You will enjoy an Aurora campfire experience and a magical Aurora Snow Train ride to aid your viewing and your night in an Aurora Dome will also provide incredible opportunities.
This holiday gives you the opportunity to see Lapland at its best, during both the night and day.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London Heathrow to Kittilä (via Helsinki). Direct return flights from London Gatwick are available for a supplement on certain dates. Flight routes are subject to change.
- Transfers: return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 6 nights hotel room accommodation (winter cottage upgrades are available subject to availability and supplement), 1 night in an Aurora Dome
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities and equipment are included: visit a reindeer farm and 3km sleigh ride, Aurora campfire, 15km husky safari, local cookery course, local skills, Aurora Snow Train, snowmobile safari to sled dog centre, snowshoe hike with Arctic Elements Sauna World (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Services of expert local guides
- Services of our dedicated local representative
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival in Lapland
DAY 2: Local culture, reindeer farm visit and sleigh ride, Aurora campfire
DAY 3: Husky safari, local cookery course, Aurora Dome
DAY 4: Local skills and games, Aurora snow train
DAY 5: Snowmobiles and visit to Harriniva huskies
DAY 6: Snowshoe hike, Arctic Elements Sauna World
DAY 7: Free day
DAY 8: Departure
Image credits: Antti Pietikainen