Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
New Year Northern Lights
New Year Northern Lights OverviewMenesjärvi is the perfect location to share New Years with your family. There are a variety of activities such as snowshoeing, kick sledding, cross-country skiing, winter fishing, snowmobiling and a husky safari. As Menesjärvi is located in the Aurora Zone, you are in the perfect location to potentially see the Northern Lights. Children from £1595
Menesjärvi is the ideal place to spend New Year with your family. You can try unforgettable winter activities, search for the Northern Lights, enjoy a very warm welcome from your hosts and explore some unforgettable scenery.
This trip is all about amazing, shared family experiences and learning about life in Lapland. You are far removed from the holiday crowds here. During your stay, you will explore together and enjoy the array of exciting activities. By the end of your trip, you will have explored your surroundings using snowshoes, snowmobiles, kick sleds, dog sleds and on cross-country skis.
Upon arrival in Lapland, your days will be filled with activities and we do what we can to help ensure that your nights may be filled with Aurora sightings. Menesjärvi is situated at the heart of the Aurora Zone, far from light pollution and populated areas. The hotel is situated on the banks of a large frozen lake and every night you will find that families gather to watch the skies in the hope of a sighting.
The accommodation at Menesjärvi is warm and welcoming, offering simple Scandinavian décor and hearty food; perfect for the winter climate. Your hosts, Anne and Timo are two of the loveliest people in Lapland and really do all they can to make sure you have an unforgettable and unique experience.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London to Ivalo via Helsinki. Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: return airport transfers from the airport to Menesjarvi
- Accommodation: 7 nights hotel accommodation in Menesjärvi
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners*
- The following activities are included in your stay: snowshoe hike, kick sleds, cross-country skiing, Aurora workshop and Aurora snowshoe, morning with a reindeer herder, wilderness skills, winter fishing by snowmobile, husky safari, visit to the Sámi Siida Museum*, Aurora kota dinner and New Year festivities, (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Free use of snowshoes, skies, kicksleds and toboggans throughout your stay at Menesjärvi
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
AgendaDay 1: Arrival and Introduction
Day 2: Snowshoes (By Day And Night), Kicksleds, Cross-Country Skiing and Aurora Presentation
Day 3: Morning With A Reindeer Herder
Day 4: Wilderness Skills
Day 5: Snowmobile Safari and Winter Fishing
Day 6: Dog Sled Safari, visit to Sámi Siida Museum and New Year Celebrations
Day 7: Free Day Your Way
Day 8: Departure
* Please note: The Sámi Siida Museum will sadly be closed for renovation for the 2021/2022 season so the main exhibitions are not accessible. Guests will be able to visit the gift shop and the open-air museum – an outdoor trail showcasing exhibits on the cultural heritage, architectural heritage and livelihoods of Finland’s three Sámi cultures. Guests are also welcome to visit Sajos, an architecturally beautiful building in the heart of Inari which is home to the Sámi Parliament and is the centre of Sámi culture and administration. Guided tours and an informative video are offered throughout the day and there is also a shop selling Sámi handicraft, books and music.