Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Nellim-New Year Northern Lights
Nellim-New Year Northern Lights OverviewNellim is the perfect holiday destination to spend New Year and start the next 12 months as a family. With a range of activities to keep you entertained including; snowshoeing, snowmobiling, a husky safari and cross-country skiing. Nellim is within the Aurora Zone, so you have a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights too! Children (10-14) £2065
Nellim is an incredible destination, which sits close to the shore of Lake Inari. It offers families the chance for adventure in this remote and genuinely unspoilt landscape of Lapland. This extra special departure allows your family to see in the New Year together, in this incredible place, making memories to treasure.
The trip has been designed to suit families with children over the age of 8 years old (this does not preclude younger children but participation is at the guide’s discretion) and is designed to make the most of the incredible Arctic landscape. Your days will be spent snowmobiling across frozen lakes, snowshoeing through the forests, dog sledding and so much more. All activities have been designed for families to enjoy together.
Nellim sits within prime Aurora territory and is a fantastic spot from which to seek out a potential Aurora. The minimal light pollution means that if the skies are cloud-free and the solar activity is high, then your chances of spotting the Aurora here are very good indeed. The hotel is just a short walk from Lake Inari’s shoreline, and the views of the night sky from there are just perfect.
The hotel has become a firm favourite with our families over the years due to its welcoming atmosphere, hearty meals, cosy accommodation, and enthusiastic and friendly guides. These elements, together with the beautiful wilderness location and exciting activities, make for an unforgettable way to welcome in a New Year.
Please note that the order of activities within your itinerary is subject to change and the agenda below should be used as a guide only. The exact order of your agenda will be confirmed upon arrival at the hotel.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London to Ivalo via Helsinki. Non-UK and regional departures on request. Flight routes subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights’ hotel accommodation
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities are included: Snowmobile safari, New Year’s celebrations, cross-country skiing, husky safari, Northern Lights workshop, Aurora Camp, wilderness day, minibus/car Northern Lights hunt, snowshoeing and reindeer farm visit (order subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors
- Services of our local representative
- Aurora alert until approximately 1 am
AgendaDay 1: Arrival
Day 2: Snowmobile safari, Northern Lights Workshop and Aurora Camp
Day 3: Day in the Wilderness and Northern Lights Hunt by Minibus or Car
Day 4: Snowshoeing
Day 5: Cross-country skiing and Husky Safari
Day 6: Reindeer Farm Visit and New Year's Celebrations
Day 7: Free day
Day 8: Departure