Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Nangu - Aurora Adventure
Nangu - Aurora Adventure OverviewHuskies, snowmobiles, sleigh rides and the Northern Lights - what more could you possibly ask for from a winter break? This week-long itinerary includes everything you could wish for from a winter activity holiday and is set on the idyllic shores of Lake Inari, in an exquisite, adults-only boutique hotel in Nangu, Finnish Lapland.
Visiting Wilderness Hotel Nangu is like escaping to a winter destination that you thought you could only dream of. The crisp white landscape, the snow-covered log buildings, and the warm glow that emanates from the windows create a destination that oozes cosy charm and peace.
The hotel’s position on the southern shores of Lake Inari creates a stunning backdrop as well as providing excellent Aurora-spotting potential. The mass of open space above the lake is the perfect canvas for the Northern Lights and so, of course, we have made sure that the Aurora activities included are plentiful.
You will hunt for the lights in several ways, including on snowshoes, by snowmobile, and by snowmobile-pulled sleigh. Your expert guides will take you away from any light pollution and towards Northern Lights viewpoints which have been chosen based on the most recent Aurora activity, cloud cover and weather conditions.
By day, you will experience everything that Northern Finland has to offer, including its wildlife and its incredible landscape. You will crank up the action with cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, a husky-pulled sleigh-ride and snowshoeing, as you explore the landscape in a host of ways and enjoy the glistening, snow-carpeted surroundings.
Over winter, the hotel is only open for guests over the age of 18, meaning extra peace and quiet in your free time.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return from London to Ivalo (either direct or via Helsinki depending on departure date). Regional and non-UK departures available on request (flight routes are subject to change)
- Transfers: return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights in a standard hotel room
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities are included in the holiday: snowmobile introduction, Aurora snowshoeing, 2 x Aurora camps, dog sledding, cross-country skiing, Aurora snowmobile safari, snowshoeing (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Fully qualified guides and instructors during activities
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival and Welcome
DAY 2: Snowmobile Try Out and Aurora Hunting
DAY 3: Dog Sledding in Nellim
DAY 4: Evening Aurora Camp
DAY 5: Cross-country skiining and Aurora snowmobiling
DAY 6: Snowshoeing
DAY 7: Aurora Camp
DAY 8: Departure
Image credits: Anthony Oberlin and Markku Inkila