Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Muotka - Northern Lights Search
Muotka - Northern Lights Search OverviewMuotka is one of our most scenic locations, tucked away in the fells and forests; this remote, welcoming hotel offers a true escape for you. The balanced itinerary showcases some of the best scenery and experiences in Lapland and offers exceptional Northern Lights viewing potential throughout the evening excurisions. Max group size 20 approx
Muotkan Maja Wilderness Hotel has become a standout favourite amongst our guests. This recently renovated accommodation charms guests with its hospitality, Nordic décor and fantastic guides.
Muotka's location is delightful, surrounded by trees and next to a small stream. Muotka is tucked away in its own little winter world, a retreat from the modern world. Residing amongst the forested fells of North East Finland and far from the nearest town, Muotka offers a wonderfully secluded base for your adventure in prime Aurora territory. The minimal light pollution here, means, that if conditions are right, there is great potential for viewing the Aurora just outside the hotel.
During the winter this region receives some of the highest levels of snowfall in Lapland and we really exploit this during this holiday.
Guests will enjoy snowshoeing and cross country skiing, allowing you to get close to this stunning landscape and hopefully some of the wildlife that lives here. There are also snowmobile and dog sled safaris included; two exceptional experiences which give you a sense of the scale of the wilderness in the region.
Of course, you are here to search for the Northern Lights and this is done in serious style at Muotka. The evening hunts are varied and you will take part in Aurora searches using snowshoes, a snowmobile-pulled sleigh and a minibus. Each activity is designed to maximise your Aurora viewing potential and all activities are led by expert guides with a wealth of invaluable local knowledge; essential when Aurora hunting.
If you would like to really go all out on the Aurora front then we can also arrange for you to spend all or part of your stay in the magnificent Aurora Kotas here. These cabin/glass teepee combinations offer guests many added comforts and nights filled with Northern Lights opportunities.
We have loved Muotka from the beginning and it offers a sense of escapism that can only be found when you know you are somewhere very special and enjoying incredible experiences on a daily basis. The fact that it offers guests the most wonderful chance of seeing the Northern Lights is the icing on the cake!
Included in the price:
- Flights: Return flights between London and Ivalo (either direct or via Helsinki - depending on departure date). Regional and non-UK departures available on request. Routings are subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights' accommodation in twin/double hotel rooms
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities and equipment are included: Aurora workshop, cross-country skiing, two Aurora Camp visits, snowshoe hike, minibus search for the Northern Lights, snowmobile safari to reindeer farm, Aurora snowshoe, husky safari (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Services of our expert local guide and representative
- Aurora alert until approximately 1am
AgendaDAY 1: Flights, transfers and welcome
DAY 2: Aurora workshop, cross country skiing and Aurora Camp
DAY 3: Snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm and Northern Lights snowshoeing
DAY 4: Free Day and Northern Lights hunt via minibus
DAY 5: Snowshoe hike and free afternoon
DAY 6: Free day
DAY 7: Husky safari and Aurora Camp
DAY 8: Depart or extend your stay