Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Muotka-Northern Lights Adventure
Muotka-Northern Lights Adventure OverviewOur Northern Lights Adventure holiday is ideal to experience the best of Lapland in an active way. During four nights at Muotka, you will get the chance to appreciate one of the most remote locations we offer and you will participate in some thrilling activities to hunt the Northern Lights in the company of expert guides.
Our Northern Lights Adventure packs a real activity punch in just four days and you will spend a great deal of time exploring the wilds of Lapland, both during the day and at night.
On this trip, you will travel across the snow-covered landscape in a variety of ways. From the much-loved Finnish pastime of cross-country skiing to the exhilaration of snowmobiling and the thrill of driving a team of huskies across the wilderness.
Your nocturnal activities will be dedicated to seeking out Northern Light displays and with the guide's local knowledge, and a wide variety of vantage points to choose from, your chances couldn't be higher. You will search for the lights by car, using snowshoes and in a sleigh pulled by a snowmobile.
Your base at Muotkan Maja Wilderness Hotel, can be found amongst the forested-fells in the North-East Finland. Muotka's secluded setting provides guests with an idyllic retreat.
The welcoming hotel is decorated in typical Scandinavian décor and offers cosy accommodation and excellent hospitality.
Muotka also has another attraction up its sleeve; the exceptional Aurora Kotas. The kotas offer guests the chance to spend the night under the Arctic sky and guests can spend their entire stay in a kota should they wish. Details of these unforgettable options can be found in the 'Accommodation' and 'Personalise' section of the holiday page.
It's hard to narrow down the reasons why we love Muotka; whether it's the wonderful welcome, the fabulous Aurora prospects, the array of activities or the spectacular location. We recommend that you simply go and see for yourself.
Included in the price:
- Flights: Return from London to Ivalo (via Helsinki). Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 4 nights' accommodation in twin/double hotel rooms
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- The following activities and equipment are included: Aurora workshop, cross-country skiing, Aurora camp, snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm, Aurora snowshoe hike, husky safari and Aurora hunt by minibus (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Aurora alert until approximately 1 am
- 24/7 assistance from our UK based operations team and in destination support from our local partners
AgendaDAY 1: Flights and Transfers
DAY 2: Cross-country Skiing, Aurora Workshop and Aurora Camp
DAY 3: Snowmobile Safari to Reindeer Farm and Northern Lights Snowshoe Trek
DAY 4: Husky Safari and Aurora Hunt by Minibus
DAY 5: Departure