Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Menesjärvi - Wilderness Auroras
Menesjärvi - Wilderness Auroras OverviewThis Wilderness Auroras holiday takes you into the remote heart of Finnish Lapland. In terms of location, Menesjärvi is one of the wildest and most pristine locations we offer making this prime Aurora territory. It also offers the warmest of welcomes from our hosts, making it a very hard place to leave.
With no light pollution and unobstructed views of the night sky from the lake, Menesjärvi offers visitors a high chance of witnessing the Northern Lights at their spectacular best.
Your base for your four nights here is Hotel Korpikartano, a wonderfully welcoming hotel which, as a former boarding school, has a unique charm and is full of character. The accommodation is rustic and simple, but being in the middle of nowhere, it is the perfect wilderness location for an Aurora trip.
This Northern Lights holiday is designed to keep you nicely busy, with great opportunities to try out snowshoeing and cross country skiing during your free time, and explore this stunning scenery at your own pace. One of our personal highlights is the morning with a reindeer herder; a genuine experience in which you can gain an insight into one of the most important industries in this corner of the world. You will get the chance to take the reins on an exciting husky safari and enjoy the thrill of snowmobiling. Evenings are of course spent trying to witness a spectacular sighting of the Aurora with a snowshoe walk, Aurora snowmobile and an evening dinner outside in a traditional wooden kota.
There are many reasons why we love this location, but the real draw lies in its location and the people who will be looking after you. Anne and Timo are wonderfully welcoming hosts and with their team they make everyone feel at home.
In the evenings when you are not enjoying activities, guests often gather to light a fire in one of the hotel's kotas, enjoying the warmth and company whilst awaiting the Northern Lights. If a display is visible then guests can typically be found on the frozen lake enjoying the view
This destination is about meeting the real people who live in the region, getting to know them, getting to experience their culture and the landscape in which they live. Of course it is also designed to ensure you have the best chance of witnessing one of the greatest spectacles on the planet.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London to Ivalo (via Helsinki). Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: Return group airport transfers
- Accommodation: 4 nights' accommodation in twin/double hotel rooms.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners.
- The following activities and equipment are included in the price: snowmobile safari and winter fishing, Aurora workshop and Aurora snowshoe, morning with a reindeer herder, Aurora snowmobile safari, husky safari, visit to Inari, Aurora dinner (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing is provided for the duration of your stay
- Free use of snowshoes, cross-country skis, kicksleds and toboggans
- 24/7 assistance from our UK based operations team and in destination support from our local partners
AgendaDAY 1: Flights, Arrival and Introduction
DAY 2: Snowmobile Safari, Winter Fishing, Aurora Workshop and Northern Lights Snowshoe
DAY 3: Morning with a Reindeer Herder and Aurora Snowmobiling
DAY 4: Husky safari, Sámi Siida Museum and Aurora Dinner
DAY 5: Departure