Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Menesjärvi Half Term
Menesjärvi Half Term OverviewMenesjärvi is located deep in the Aurora Zone and provides a wonderful chance of catching the Northern Lights. By the end of the week, you will have travelled by showshoes, dog sled, kick sled, cross-country skis, and a snowmobile-pulled sleigh. With all of this, your holiday is sure to be one you never forget! Children from £1820.00 (12-14)
For the Aurora hunting family, Menesjärvi’s location is ideal. You are far from any significant light pollution and deep in the Aurora Zone. Over your seven nights, you should stand a very good chance of catching a display of the Northern Lights should conditions be favourable.
Your hosts, Anne and Timo, are two of the loveliest people in Lapland and really do all they can to make sure you have an unforgettable holiday. The accommodation at Menesjärvi is warm and welcoming offering simple and cosy décor (some elements have been crafted by Timo using local wood), and hearty home-cooked food; perfect for the winter climate.
By the end of your action-packed stay at Menesjärvi, you will have travelled by snowshoes, dog sled, kicksled, cross-country skis and snowmobile-pulled sleigh. Furthermore, you will have encountered reindeer and gained an insight into the remarkable culture of the Sámi people who make their home in this remote corner of the world.
As a family, you will learn about the Northern Lights during an Aurora Workshop with an expert guide. Each night you can all walk down to the frozen lake in front of the hotel to gaze at the sky in search of the Northern Lights and there are also optional Aurora activities you can add to your itinerary.
This is a wild location with a truly warm welcome and provides an ideal playground for any active family who wants an escape from the everyday and enjoy some unforgettable shared experiences.
Included in the price:
- Flights: return flights from London to Ivalo via Helsinki. Flight routes subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights’ hotel accommodation
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities are included: snowshoe hike, kick sleds, cross-country skiing, Aurora workshop and Northern Lights snowshoe, morning with a reindeer herder, wilderness skills, winter fishing by snowmobile, husky safari, visit to the Sámi Siida Museum and Aurora kota dinner (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Free use of snowshoes, skis, kick sleds and toboggans throughout your stay at Menesjärvi
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors
- 24/7 assistance from our UK based operations team and in destination support from local partners
AgendaDay 1: Arrival and Welcome
Day 2: Snowshoes (by day & night!), Kick Sleds, Cross-Country Skiing and Aurora Workshop
Day 3: Visit to a Reindeer Farm
Day 4: Wilderness Skills
Day 5: Snowmobile Safari and Winter Fishing
Day 6: Dog Sled Safari, Sami Siida Museum, Aurora Kota Dinner
Day 7: Free Day Day 8: Departure