Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Jeris - Winter Cottage Escape
Jeris - Winter Cottage Escape OverviewYour cosy cottage, surrounded by stunning scenery, is an ideal retreat after a day of arctic activities. This holidays includes a night in the wilderness, with dog sleds and snowmobiles, as well as snowshoeing and cross country skiing. This holiday to Jeris really encapsulates the essence of this remote region. Max group size 20 approx
This Jeris itinerary brilliantly captures the essence of Finnish Lapland. Our trusted guides will make sure you get to experience the most popular and unique experiences the area has to offer.
This holiday is designed as an escape from the every day and includes a host of unforgettable activities and encounters which will leave you feeling refreshed and exhilarated.
You will meet a reindeer herder and find out about their way of life and the importance of their animals before taking to a sleigh for a three-kilometre-long ride through the forests with the reindeer pulling you along. An unforgettable husky safari will really provide you with a connection to this area, while a snowmobile safari will take you further afield, pushing adrenaline levels higher.
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing activities are both included, giving you the means to explore independently later in your stay should you wish. On one evening, a Northern Lights workshop and camp will have you fully prepared for spotting the Aurora, should they make an appearance. A visit to Torassieppi Winter Village, to marvel at its frozen rooms and ice sculptures, is also in the itinerary.
At the end of each day, you can relax by the fire in your winter cottage and enjoy your own private sauna.
For an extra-special end to your holiday in Finland, why not spend the night in one of the snow rooms at Torassieppi Winter Village, or in one of the stunning Aurora Domes which offer wonderful views of the night sky? Details of both options can be found in the 'Personalise' section of the holiday page.
Image credits: Louise Wren, Steve Cushing, Jenny Elmore & Visit Finland
Included in the price:
- Duration: 7 nights
- Flights:return flights from London to Kittilä, either direct or via Helsinki depending on departure date. Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers and transfers to and from activities
- Accommodation: 7 nights Winter Cottage accommodation (upgrade available to larger cabins)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities are included in the holiday: husky safari, Aurora workshop, snowshoeing, ice fishing, Winter Village and reindeer, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling adventure, use of the lakeside spa during your stay (order of activities subject to change)
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors during activities and dedicated Artisan Travel Company representative
- Winter clothing for the duration of your stay
- Use of Jeris 'Artic Spa' pools and sauna for the duration of your stay
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival
DAY 2: Husky Adventure And Aurora Workshop
DAY 3: Snowshoes And Ice Fishing
DAY 4: Reindeer safari, winter village and ice restaurant lunch
DAY 5: Cross-country skiing and Snowmobile Adventure
DAY 6: Free Day
DAY 7: Free Day
DAY 8: Departure
Please note: this itinerary is shared with our sister company Activities Abroad and is popular with families during the school holidays. If a child free holiday is important to your party when travelling, please speak to our travel experts for recommendations.