Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Harriniva - 5 day Husky Safari
Harriniva - 5 day Husky Safari OverviewBook early for this unbeatable Arctic experience as musher of your own dog sled. Drive huskies through the wilderness of Pallas-Ylläs National Park in North West Lapland in small groups of one to seven (with no single supplements for solo travellers). A full-on week and an unforgettable experience! Max group size 7 approx
Driving your own team of huskies through the Finnish wilderness for five days, staying in cosy cabins far from civilisation, is an experience that will stay with you forever. The stunning Pallas-Ylläs National Park in North West Lapland is said to have the cleanest air in Europe. You will get to fill your lungs and refresh your senses speeding through the snowy forests and across frozen lakes in this untouched wilderness.
Your journey begins at the Arctic Sled Dog Centre at the renowned and respected Harriniva Wilderness Hotel.
Your team of four to six dogs comes from the 400 huskies looked after here by expert mushers. These guides will teach you how best to act and react with your dogs when out on the trail. Soon you'll be working with your team as motivational musher of your own dog sled - it's a valuable lesson in teamwork. These amazing animals very quickly understand what you want them to do and deliver it with an enthusiasm and energy reserved for this particular breed of beautiful, hard-working dog.
Depending on the group's ability and the weather conditions, you can cover daily distances of between 25 to 40 kilometres. Over this distance and five unforgettable days, you will really get to know your dogs which all live and love to run in this arctic playground.
At the end of your stay, you can enjoy a unique night in either a snow room at Torassieppi Winter Village or in an Aurora Dome .
Included in the price:
- Duration: 7 nights
- Flights: Return flights from London to Kittila, either direct or via Helsinki depending on departure date. Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers are included
- Accommodation: 3 nights in the safari house and 4 nights in wilderness cabin accommodation
- Activities (order subject to change): 5 day husky safari with own team of dogs
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors during activities
- Dedicated Artisan Travel Company representative at Harriniva
AgendaDAY 1: Flights, Arrival, Introduction
DAY 2 – 5: Husky Safari
DAY 6: The Final Leg
DAY 7: Free Day
DAY 8: Departure