Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Festive Family Fun
Festive Family Fun OverviewBased in cosy winter cottages, this pre-Christmas family short break provides a real taste of Lapland. Over two days in a Finnish winter wonderland you will enjoy dog sledding, snowmobiling and a reindeer sleigh ride. You will also explore on snowshoes, dine in an ice restaurant and enjoy evening campfires. Children from £1375 (4-12yrs).
As the sun dips below the horizon and the blue light of winter arrives with the snow, Lapland transforms into an amazing family playground. This short break is designed to maximise the number of amazing experiences you can have in just four nights.
Based in a cosy winter cottage at Jeris on the shores of a frozen lake, you will explore the snow-covered landscape in a variety of fun-filled ways. Our safaris are not two minutes tastes, but real activities which allow you to enjoy Lapland at its very best. We also leave enough time free so you can simply enjoy family snowball fights!
You’ll experience ‘paw-power’ as you take to the trails for an unforgettable dog sledding trip, horsepower as you enjoy an adventure on snowmobiles and ‘reindeer power’ as you glide along in a reindeer-pulled sleigh having learnt some herding techniques. Weather permitting; you will also eat lunch in a restaurant made entirely from ice.
As Jeris sits in prime Northern Lights viewing territory, you will also explore on snowshoes as you try and hunt down the Aurora as a family.
Of course, as you will be travelling in the run-up to Christmas, we offer our guests the opportunity to include a magical meeting with Father Christmas in their holiday should they wish. Simply see the ‘Personalise’ section or talk to one of our travel experts to find out more.
Included in the price
- Duration: 4 nights
- Flights: return from London Heathrow to Kittilä (via Helsinki). Flight routes are subject to change
- Transfers: return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 4 nights in a Winter Cottage Type A at Hotel Jeris
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Activities: husky safari, reindeer farm, snowmobile safari, snow fun activities including snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and tobogganing (order of activities is subject to change). Please note that you must hold a valid UK driving licence in order to drive a snowmobile
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors for all activities
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival in Lapland
DAY 2: Husky Safari
DAY 3: Reindeer Farm and Sleigh Ride and Christmas Dinner
DAY 4: Snowmobile Safari and Snow Fun Activities
DAY 5: Departure