Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Christmas Northern Lights
Christmas Northern Lights OverviewMenesjärvi’s location is in the perfect location for those wanting to search the Aurora Borealis. There are many Lappish experiences for all family members to enjoy including kicksleds, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, huskies and reindeer. Making this holiday is a wonderful way to spend Christmas with your family. Children from £1595
For any Aurora hunting family, Menesjärvi’s location is absolutely ideal and it is a magical place in which to spend Christmas. You are far from any significant light pollution here and deep within the Aurora Zone. This active holiday includes evening activities which help to maximise your Aurora viewing potential and enjoy an unforgettable festive holiday.
Whilst your nights may be dedicated to trying to spot the Northern Lights, your days contain a wealth of exceptional Lappish experiences for all the family to enjoy. By the end of your stay here you will have travelled via snowshoes, kick sleds, cross-country skis and snowmobile-pulled sleigh, you will have encountered reindeer in their natural habitat and travelled with a team of huskies – not a bad way to spend Christmas!
The accommodation at Menesjärvi is warm and welcoming, offering simple Finnish décor and hearty food, perfect for the winter climate. Your hosts, Anne and Timo are two of the loveliest people in Lapland and really do all they can to make sure you have an unforgettable and unique experience.
This festive family holiday is about trying incredible experiences and creating shared family memories whilst getting to know the real people of Lapland, the culture and the landscape. It’s a magical place to spend time together as a family and search out the Aurora Borealis.
Included in the price:
- Flights: Return flights from London Gatwick to Ivalo. Flight routings are subject to change
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights’ hotel accommodation
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities and experiences are included: snowshoe hike, kick sleds, cross-country skiing, Aurora workshop and Aurora snowshoe, morning with a reindeer herder, Aurora kota dinner and Christmas festivities, wilderness skills, winter fishing by snowmobile, husky safari and Sámi Siida Museum visit (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Free use of snowshoes, cross-country skis, kick sledges and toboggans throughout your stay
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors
AgendaDay 1: Flights, arrival and introduction
Day 2: Snowshoes (by day & night!), kick sleds, cross country skiing and Aurora Workshop
Day 3: Visit a reindeer farm and Aurora Kota Dinner and festive fun
Day 4: Wilderness skills
Day 5: Winter Fishing By Snowmobile
Day 6: Husky Safari, Sami Siida Museum
Day 7: Free Day
Day 8: Departure