Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Christmas in a Winter Cottage
Christmas in a Winter Cottage OverviewCreate family memories to last a lifetime and visit Father Christmas in Lapland this Christmas. Your family will stay in a cosy log cabin and enjoy wonderful activities such as husky safaris, snowshoeing and festive fun including the all important meeting with Father Christmas which is sure to be a truly magical experience for your family.
Jeris encompasses the Lappish idyll; cosy winter cottages, log fires, a beautiful lakeside setting, winter forests and a range of exceptional family activities. It's the ideal location in which to combine comfort, activities and a truly memorable Christmas..
Your family will meet with reindeer, enjoy dog sledding, travel by snowmobile and explore using both snowshoes and cross-country skis. You will dine around campfires and eat in an ice restaurant. Festive fun is sprinkled throughout with cookie baking, Christmas crafts, treasure hunts, and magical wishing trees all part of your stay. There’s also a healthy dose of snow fun activities of course.
The all-important visit to see Father Christmas is private to your family. Your children can sit and talk with him, discussing their hopes and dreams for Christmas and the year to come. There’s never a dry eye amongst parents at this point!
The setting for all these wonderful experiences is breathtakingly beautiful and you will get to share it all as a family.
Jeris is also at the heart of the Aurora Zone, so your evenings may well include time spent gazing up at an Arctic sky filled with Northern Lights.
The cosy winter cottage accommodation offers log burning stoves and a private sauna, so they are the perfect retreat and a comfortable base for your family Christmas in Lapland.
Included in the price:
- Flights: Return direct flights from London Gatwick to Kittilä. Flight routes are subject to change. Regional departures may also be available.
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights’ in a Type A winter cottage
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Free soft drinks for children throughout and free tea and coffee for adults
- The following activities are included: treasure hunt, husky safari, cross-country skiing, Christmas cookies and crafts, visit Father Christmas, gingerbread houses, Arctic Spa, reindeer farm and sleigh ride, visit to ice restaurant, snowmobile safari, snowshoe search for the wishing tree, snow fun (the order of activities is subject to change)
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors
- Services of our representative
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
AgendaDAY 1: Welcome to Lapland
DAY 2: Treasure Hunt, lunch in an ice restaurant, Reindeer farm visit and sleigh ride
DAY 3: Cross-country skiing and afternoon spa
DAY 4: Husky safari, Snow Fun and Father Christmas Visit
DAY 5: Christmas cookies and crafts and free afternoon
DAY 6: Snowshoe search for the wishing tree and Christmas celebrations
DAY 7: Family time and Snowmobile Safari
DAY 8: Departure
Image credits: Antti Pietikainen and The Murphy Family