Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Christmas Aurora Adventure
Christmas Aurora Adventure OverviewThis holiday is in the beautiful Finnish Lapland landscape of Nellim and is sure to create a memorable Christmas for all the family. You will experience cross-country skiing, a husky safari, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and a sleigh ride. Not to mention the wonderful chance you will have of seeing the Northern Lights. Children from £1795 (10 - 14yrs)
In our opinion, Nellim encapsulates the genuinely unspoilt wilderness of Lapland which, when combined with the warm, welcoming family atmosphere at the hotel, creates a fabulous location in which to spend a very memorable Christmas. This holiday is all about celebrating the festive season together, trying some unique Arctic experiences and creating unforgettable family memories.
You are well away from the commercial Santa crowds that descend on some areas of Lapland at this time of year and at Nellim you can really experience the winter wonderland which is above the Arctic Circle. Throughout this holiday you will enjoy the thrill of a dog sled safari, the exhilaration of snowmobiling, you shall meet with reindeer and learn about winter wilderness survival.
The hotel is also ideally situated within the Aurora Zone and has been a real favourite with Aurora hunting families for years. Many people in the Activities Abroad team saw the Northern Lights for the first time here, and have since taken their own families back to share in the experience. We have included dedicated Northern Lights hunts on two nights during this holiday and our expert local guides will really help you to maximise your chances of seeing a display.
This itinerary has been designed to suit older children (8 years and above, see terms for details) so if your children want to experience Lapland but, are a little too old for a holiday centred on Father Christmas, then this trip is a perfect choice. .
Please note that the order of activities within your itinerary is subject to change and the agenda below should be used as a guide only. The exact order of your agenda will be confirmed upon arrival at the hotel.
Included in the price:
- Flights: Direct return flights from London Gatwick to Ivalo (flight routes subject to change)
- Transfers: Return airport transfers
- Accommodation: 7 nights’ hotel accommodation in double/twin room
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- The following activities are included: Snowmobile safari, cross-country skiing, husky safari, Northern Lights workshop, Aurora Camp, wilderness day, minibus Northern Lights hunt, snowshoeing and reindeer farm visit (order subject to change)
- Cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay
- Fully qualified wilderness guides and instructor
- Services of our local representative
- Prices shown are per adult and based on two adults sharing. Child prices are available on our website
AgendaDay 1: Arrival
Day 2: Snowmobile safari, Northern Lights Workshop and Aurora Camp
Day 3: Cross-country skiing, husky safari and Christmas Festivities
Day 4: Day in the wilderness and Minibus Northern Lights Hunt
Day 5: Snowshoes
Day 6: Reindeer Farm Visit
Day 7: Free day
Day 8: Departure