Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Dalmatian Coast Sailing Weekend
Dalmatian Coast Sailing Weekend OverviewImagine arriving home or going back to work after a long weekend spent sailing the azure blue waters of the Dalmatian Coast. You’ll visit several islands, snorkel in crystal clear water, enjoy a spot of cycling, dine in seafront restaurants while the sun sets over the Adriatic and generally just have a great time. Talk about bragging rights!
There can’t be many better weekends away than this one. You’ll spend three days sailing the calm and peaceful Adriatic and exploring some of the greenest islands on Croatia’s beguiling Dalmatian Coast. There’ll be a few gentle activities thrown in along the way too, including stand up paddle boarding, snorkelling, swimming and cycling.
In the evenings, you will moor near small villages and towns where you can stroll along the seafront and enjoy the harbourside bars and restaurants. There are few things as good in life as watching the sun setting over the Adriatic (which it does in spectacular fashion) while sipping your very own sundowner.
You’ll sail and sleep on board a modern catamaran which has plenty of deck space for relaxing and watching the islands glide by. Each day will see you visiting and exploring different islands and enjoying the various activities included in the itinerary.
On day one you set sail from Komolac and explore the Elaphiti Archipelago. You’ll head first to the smallest inhabited island of the Archipelago, Kolocep. There’ll be the chance to try your hand at paddleboarding and build up an appetite with a dip in the lovely, clear Adriatic waters.
From Kolocep the voyage continues with visits to Lopud and Sipan before finishing the day in a stunning bay and heading onshore for dinner.
It gets even better on day two, which finds you sailing to Mljet (“Mee-yet”) an island blessed with natural splendour including two inland saltwater lakes. From Mljet, you’ll head for the Peljesac Peninsula and anchor in a bay near Zuljana.
Your final full day on the catamaran explores the winemaking region of the Peljesac Peninsula before heading east to the lovely walled city of Ston. From Ston, it is just a short hop across to your base for the night at Broce.
The final day of your sailing weekend sees you back amidst the Elaphiti islands as you work your way back to Komolac where you’ll disembark sometime around midday.
From there, we can arrange transfers to the airport or to Dubrovnik where we can also organise your accommodation should you wish to extend your stay.
Included in the price:
- Accommodation: 3 nights on board a catamaran
- Meals: 3 breakfasts
- The following activities are included in the holiday: 3 days sailing between islands, paddle boarding, cycling, snorkelling (order is subject to change)
- The following destinations are included in the holiday: Kolocep, Lopud, Sipan, Mljet, Zuljana, Ston, Broce
- Fully qualified skipper
- Equipment, training, and supervision for all activities with expert local guides
- Please note: flights and transfers are not included as some clients like to add a stay in Dubrovnik before or after this holiday. We will be delighted to arrange flights, accommodation and transfers around the sailing trip. Please just ask one of our Travel Experts for suggestions and prices
- Departures: Saturday, Sunday & Monday departures start at 10 am and Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday departures start at 2pm, all from Komolac Marina. The marina is approximately 15 minutes by road from Dubrovnik and we recommend staying in the city the night before
- Please note: there is now a mandatory 80€ per person fee to be paid locally and in cash, before the start of the trip. This fee covers fuel, water, moorings and boat maintenance
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival, Briefing and the Elaphiti Archipelago
DAY 2: Mljet Island and the Peljesac Peninsula
DAY 3: Peljesac Peninsula
DAY 4: Elaphiti Islands and Return to Komolac
Image Credit: Huckfin Adventure Travel and Ivo Biocina Croatian National Tourist Board