Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Costa Rican Rainforest Explorer
Costa Rican Rainforest Explorer Overview'Good things come in small packages' practically describes Costa Rica. On this thrilling holiday you will enjoy hiking through the rainforest, white water rafting, visiting two national parks, canyoning and zip wiring. Along with volunteering at the Eco Centre Danaus and learning about Costa Rican culture. Recommended for children aged 9 or above
The saying ‘Good things come in small packages’ was practically created for Costa Rica.
Despite covering less than 0.05% of the world’s landmass, this wonderful country offers a staggering variety of landscapes: pristine coastline, rainforest, cloud forest, mountain ranges, wetlands, and other aquatic habitats. Another huge attraction of Costa Rica is, of course, the incredible variety of fauna and flora, with some five percent of the world’s biodiversity, found within its borders.
Our itinerary has been crafted to ensure that your family gets to enjoy as many of these natural wonders as possible in an active and fun-filled way. During our adventure holiday you will canyon and raft through the jungle, paddle-board at the foot of a volcano, fly through the treetops, and boat through incredible rainforest canals – all activities are included in the cost of the holiday. One of the advantages of the country’s small size is that there are no arduous days full of travel or internal flights in order to enjoy them, as everything is within a manageable distance.
A key highlight of any holiday to Costa Rica is the fact that you will meet some of the friendliest people on the planet. It has frequently been ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world – from our experience, we can safely say that this is completely true! Studies have determined that locals have the highest level of life satisfaction on Earth. When we asked our friends in Costa Rica if they agreed, they simply replied, “Look around you, who wouldn’t be happy here?”
They couldn’t be more right!
Included in the price:
- Transfers: Group airport and activity transfers (private airport transfers may incur a supplement)
- Accommodation: 4 nights' hotel accommodation (2 nights superior room at Crown Plaza Corobici San Jose Hotel in San José or similar, 2 nights standard room at Pachira Lodge in Tortuguero or similar, 2 nights tent Suite room at Hacienda Pozo Azul Tent Suites in Sarapiquí or similar, 2 nights junior suite room at Arenal Manoa Hotel in Arenal or similar, 1 night in a superior room at Hacienda La Pacifica Hotel in Canas or similar, 5 nights standard room at Dreams Las Mareas or Westin Resort in the North Pacific Coast all-inclusive). Guests can choose to spend their final night in San Jose instead of Dreams Las Mareas - please enquire at the time of booking
- Meals: 14 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 10 dinners
- The following activities are all included in your holiday: Poas Volcano National Park, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Costa Rican night with show and traditional dinner, guided visit to the conservation centre and colourful Tortuguero Town, guided walking through local trails, guided tour to Tortuguero canals, boating in the canal, horseback riding, zip-lining and white-water rafting, Arenal Hanging Bridges, canyoning, eco-day, stand-up paddleboarding and a visit to Las Pumas Rescue Centre (the order of activities is subject to change)
- All equipment, tuition and supervision from fully qualified instructors
- Services of our local guides
AgendaDAY 1: Arrival And Transfers
DAY 2: Poas Volcano National Park and La Paz Waterfall Gardens
DAY 3: Rainforest Boat Trip and Tortuguero National Park - 'Where the Jungle Meets the Sea'
DAY 4: Rainforest Exploration Day And Wildlife Boat Trips
DAY 5: Tortuguero to Rainforest Camp
DAY 6: Adrenaline Day And Night In The Rainforest!
DAY 7: Treetop Walk and Community, Culture and Conservation
DAY 8: Rainforest Canyoning
DAY 9: Lake Arenal Stand-Up Paddleboarding and Tenorio Volcanic National Park
DAY 10: River Rafting on the Tenorio River and visiting the Las Pumas Wildlife Rescue Centre
DAY 11-14: Lie Back, Relax & Enjoy
DAY 15: Adios Costa Rica!