- Position: Product Manager
- Company: KE Adventure Travel
- Location: Keswick
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Closing Date for Applications: 30 Nov 2017
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.keadventure.com
Established in 1984, KE Adventure Travel is one of the UK’s leading adventure tour operators running trekking, walking, discovery, climbing, cycling & family adventure holidays worldwide. This is a thrilling time to join KE, one of the strongest brands in adventure travel worldwide. In July KE became part of the Voyageurs du Monde group which own some of the biggest adventure operators in France, including: Terres d’Aventure, Allibert Trekking and Nomade Aventure. Along with their tailor-made department the Voyageurs du Monde group had a turnover of 380 million euros and took over 180,000 clients in 2016. French clients account for 80% of their sales but through KE there are exciting plans to expand into the English speaking market.
We are currently seeking TWO well-travelled, motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our busy product management team. In particular we are looking for people with past experience working as PMs and, for one of our positions, past experience in producing self-guided holidays.
The job offers a unique opportunity to be based in Keswick, located in the heart of the beautiful Lake District and recently recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Keswick is a small town with a big personality; we have easy access to the fells and lakes, an abundance of excellent restaurants, an award winning theatre and several high performing schools.
As part of our product management team you will be responsible for creating new adventure holidays and for continually monitoring and improving our existing product range. You will work closely with our overseas ground agents building on and maintaining existing working relationships and making new ones. Dependent upon past experience, you will be given various geographical areas to look after. You will also work closely alongside our operations, sales and marketing teams with challenging targets to meet.
• Researching, developing and implementing the launch of new holiday programs including a new self-guided range
• Negotiating prices with ground operators
• Writing sales literature
• Finalising contracts
• Ongoing quality management of existing programs
• Liaising and briefing operations, sales and marketing teams
• Building and maintaining relationships with our ground operators
• Keeping up-to-date with market trends and competition
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to write good copy
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Outstanding personal organisation
• Ability to work well within a team
• Creative and innovative with the talent to solve problems
• The unique skill of knowing what holidays work
• The ability to travel overseas regularly on KE trips
• Previous travel industry experience is essential
• Product knowledge through extensive personal travel
• Operating self-guided holidays is essential for one of these roles
The ideal product manager should have a genuine passion for all things related to travel and the outdoors. KE has built up an enviable reputation for walking and trekking holidays but would also like to expand in all other areas of the outdoors.
A normal working week is 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5.00pm on a Friday, 39.5 hours over 5 days per week
Salary dependent upon experience
NEST Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job to: email@example.com.
Please include a full list of all travel experience, your salary expectations and when you would be available to start.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and we will consider applicants as they apply. The closing date for applications will be 30th November 2017.
Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages