- Position: Product Manager
- Company: KE Adventure Travel
- Location: Keswick, Cumbria
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Closing Date for Applications: 20 Dec 2019
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.keadventure.com
KE is currently seeking a well-travelled, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our busy product management team.
WHO ARE KE?
KE sells small group and self-guided active adventure holidays throughout the world, mostly to the UK market, but also to the US, Canada and beyond.
WHY WORK FOR KE?
As well as the obvious benefit of being based in the heart of the Northern Lakes, you will be part of a company that is growing and investing in its future. The team are an active, fun and friendly bunch, and everyone in Product gets the opportunity to travel overseas. Salary is dependent on the skills that you bring to the team and previous experience. There is also a companywide staff bonus scheme in place.
As part of our product management team, you will be responsible for creating new adventure holidays and for continually monitoring and improving our existing product range. You will work closely with our overseas ground agents building on and maintaining existing working relationships and making new ones. Dependent upon past experience, you will be given specific geographical areas to look after. You will also work closely alongside our operations, sales and marketing teams with challenging targets to meet.
• Making key commercial decisions about all aspects of the product
• Ongoing quality management of existing programs
• Researching, developing and implementing the launch of new holiday programs including a new self-guided range
• Negotiating prices with ground agents
• Writing sales literature
• Finalising contracts
• Liaising and briefing operations, sales and marketing teams
• Building and maintaining relationships with our ground agents
• Keeping up-to-date with market trends and competition
• A team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to write good copy
• A good head for figures and an understanding of costings/margins
• Commercially astute
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Outstanding personal organisation
• Creative and innovative with the talent to solve problems
• The unique skill of knowing what holidays work
• The ability to travel overseas on business trips
• Previous travel industry experience is essential, ideally within the adventure, active or outdoor markets
• First-hand product knowledge through extensive personal travel
The ideal product manager should have a genuine passion for active and adventure travel and the outdoors. KE has built up an enviable reputation for worldwide walking and trekking holidays but continues to expand in other areas, including cycling, climbing and active family adventures.
A normal working week is 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5.00pm on a Friday, 37.5 hours over 5 days per week.
At some point in the first year, the person taking on this role would be expected to become part of the emergency phone rota (approx. 4-5 weeks per year).
Salary dependent upon experience
NEST Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job to: email@example.com.
Please include a full list of all travel experience, your salary expectations and when you would be available to start.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and we will consider applicants as they apply. The closing date for applications will be 20th December 2019.
Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages