Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Secret Suffolk OverviewFollow a meandering river along the Suffolk-Norfolk border, where idyllic pastoral landscapes are broken only by quaint villages of thatched cottages and welcoming guesthouses.
- self-guided village-to-village walking, luggage transported
- leisurely walking beside a gently flowing river
- lots of wildlife to see – in the river, on land and in the air
- discover the hidden treasures of many medieval village churches
- follow sections of the Angles' Way
- chance to visit the glorious Suffolk coast
What could be more delightful than a relaxing walk beside a gently flowing river as it meanders through a lush green landscape of fertile arable fields and shady woods, broken only by peaceful villages and fascinating historic sites? Wildlife abounds along the riverbanks – from water voles and moles, to kingfishers and coots – evoking fond memories of literary characters we all read about as children. Discover, too, a rich history of long-forgotten medieval wall paintings in ancient churches; crumbling Norman castles that once stood proud in the landscape; and memorials to heroic bomber squadrons from the Second World War.