Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Manor Houses of the Minho
Manor Houses of the Minho OverviewWith its green landscapes, Roman bridges and ancient towns, the Minho is a delight to explore, but even better are the historic mansions at which you stay.
- self-guided hotel-to-hotel walking, luggage transported
- stay in the Minho’s traditional manor houses
- gentle riverside walking in the home of vinho verde
- discover Portugal’s oldest town and its garden festival (late May to late October)
- end in style at the family estate of the Count of Calheiros
Nestling beneath Galicia, Spain’s north-westernmost corner, the Minho is home to vinho verde (young wine) and the abundant Lima Valley, and is considered by many Portuguese to be the most beautiful part of their country. Here, some of Portugal’s oldest and prettiest towns nestle alongside vineyards, chestnut orchards and swaggering ears of corn. Standing proud in this seductive landscape, historic manor houses provide elegant accommodation and generous hospitality to visitors, welcoming them warmly to this green corner of Portugal.