Please enter your username and password to logon to the member pages
Great African Expedition North
Great African Expedition North OverviewSpend 57 days exploring East and South Africa, spot the Big Five, relaxing on beaches, slide down the Sossusvlei sand dunes, enjoy exotic locales and memorable cultural encounters!
- Arrival transfer from Cape Town Airport on day 1
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Ashanti Lodge in Cape Town, 2 nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund and 50 nights camping
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 50 breakfasts, 43 lunches and 43 dinners
- Mikumi National Park (transit only)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP, Victoria Falls NP. Park entry and game drive - Chobe NP, South Luangwa Np, Etosha NP, Lake Nakuru NP, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP and Masai Mara
- Cape Town Township Tour, Wine tasting in Cederberg, half day canoeing on the Orange River, transfer to Sossusvlei for Desert Walk
- All road taxes and tolls
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping)
Welcome to South Africa. We will be there to meet you at Cape Town airport and transfer you to the backpackers in the gardens area of the city. Our first night will be in dormitory accommodation. A welcome meeting will take place tonight at 1700 where you will be able to meet your tour leader and other members of your group.
Cape Town - Cederberg. On our way out of the city we take a Township tour before driving past the beautiful Table Bay area. Our destination today is the Cederberg Mountains where we stay at a beautiful campsite surrounded by wine farms. Arriving in the afternoon we sample some of the local wines before spending our first night under canvass.
Cederberg - Gariep River. We depart Cederberg and head through the Namaqualand - famous for its wildflowers that appear every spring. We stop briefly in the mining town of Springbok before arriving at the Gariep (Orange) River which forms a natural border between South Africa and Namibia. We spend a second night under canvass.
Gariep River - Fish River Canyon (Namibia). Today we take a half day canoe trip on the Gariep River before an afternoon crossing into Namibia. We visit the Fish River Canyon - the world's second largest canyon (after the USA's Grand Canyon) before spending the night nearby.