AITO Membership: Next Generation
Pitch to AITO
Like a sign to show you the way to Everest— starting a tour operation may feel just as daunting, but you do not have to face it alone. Congratulations! You have taken the essential first step in becoming part of a group of like minded operators who share not only ideas and concerns and often work out joint solutions, but also work to the highest standards in tour operating that have led to the AITO badge being identified as the quality kitemark.
What are the requirements?
- Full consumer financial protection is preferred but not necessary initially
- Companies will need to be owner managed with 51% of the shares belonging to directors, their families or employees
- Submit a Business Plan upon application
- General information from AITO HQ on consumer financial protection, the Package Travel Regulations, insurers, and sustainable tourism
- Participation on training courses arranged by AITO
- Attendance at AITO general meetings and one AITO Overseas Conference
- A copy of the AITO Affiliates Handbook and the opportunity to meet Affiliates
- Opportunity to join the AITO Legal Hotline Scheme
- Access to the AITO Members intranet
- Receipt of AITO news bulletins
What the scheme offers:
ApplicationsWho can apply?
New and fledgling tour operators, which do not currently meet the AITO membership criteria of 2 years trading and minimum tour operator turnover of £250,000 per annum.
With the accumulated knowledge of our members, backed by the services of our Affiliates, there will be no better way of being mentored in UK tour operating other than being an AITO Protégé.
Submitting your application
Request a form and send in your application now. You will need to submit a copy of your business plan to enter. Simply email our membership manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote 'AITO Next Generation' in the subject line.
- submit your application form and business plan to AITO HQ
- September: Selected candidates will be invited to pitch to AITO’s Council of Directors
- 19 October: Finalists will be invited to present their pitch to a General Meeting of AITO members
- November: Successful applicants announced
- 1 January 2017: First year of being an AITO Protégé begins