Bushbaby is a highly regarded and successful family travel specialist. As a small, family-owned business we strive to offer a friendly and inspirational place to work.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Worldwide Travel Consultant (Africa Specialist) who has a drive to succeed in sales, and a passion for and detailed knowledge of the regions we cover. The focus of your role will be to design and deliver tailor-made itineraries for our discerning clients. As a family specialist, we are looking for candidates who have an understanding of and affinity for the particular needs of this market. Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, the successful candidate will have previous recent sales experience within the travel industry, preferably having worked for a comparable tour operator. The ability to deliver excellent customer service is paramount as well as attention to detail. You will be based in our lovely rural office near Farnham (n.b. we may be re-locating locally at some point).
• The creation and conversion to sale of high quality tailor-made itineraries for current and future clients to our regions. You are ultimately responsible for planning, selling and implementation of itineraries.
• To ensure the product sold to our clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
• To achieve levels of client service at all stages of the process to engender repeat business. It's your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectations and which they are happy to recommend to others.
• To interact with our clients mostly over the telephone and by email - with occasional face to face meetings with local clients and at PR events.
• Keeping in touch with product developments in your region, ensuring that you remain a true country specialist with up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/flights/infrastructure.
• Effective supplier management and due diligence
• Liaising with our partners overseas to check availability, pricing etc.
• Ensuring all information relating to quotes and bookings is captured accurately on our booking system (Axum). Initially you will work with the Director to input any quotes she generates until such time as you assume responsibility for the region.
• Contributing content to the email newsletter and other ad-hoc marketing platforms
• Experience of high level customer service
• Selling skills within a tour operator environment of multi-destination, long-haul itineraries.
• Experience of working in an office environment, competent PC and keyboard skills with the ability to effectively and quickly manage multiple software applications simultaneously
• Experience of CRM/ Booking Systems (we use Axum, and training will be provided but existing knowledge of Axum would be highly desirable)
• Pro-active and resourceful
• Excellent Africa product knowledge, ideally with recent travel experience.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organisation & time management skills
• Strong numerical skills (for pricing up itineraries)
• Full driving licence
• Up to date product knowledge of other regions advantageous.
• Understanding of the luxury family market
• Foreign languages an advantage
Contract: Temporary to permanent, subject to 3 months trial period
Benefits: 25 days holiday per annum initially, flexible working possible
Hours: 32-40 hours a week (core hours 9:30 - 15:30 M-F with flexibility beyond this e.g. evenings from home). Occasional weekend work may be necessary.
Travel: Some international travel to remain up to date with product knowledge.
Start Date: April 2018
To apply, please forward an up-to-date CV and covering letter, stating how you meet the role and person requirements, your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date to email@example.com. For more information and/or an initial chat, please contact Abi on 0845 124 4455.